By: Kento Kato
A lackluster NBA All-Star Weekend is behind us and the last stretch of the regular season is among us. Here are some updates around the league.
– George Hill and the Utah Jazz are trying to work out an extension but many around the league were pessimistic about such a deal coming together before midnight tonight, which is the deadline. This would make Hill a free agent once the season is done.
– After missing two games due to a sprained ankle, Kristaps Porzingis will return to action to face off against the Magic tomorrow.
– Mark Cuban described his trade deadline deal for Nerlens Noel as his first deal geared towards the post-Dirk era. Cuban seems to be fully intent on resigning Noel as a restricted free-agent this summer.
– DeMarcus Cousins will not have his most recent technical rescinded and will serve a 1-game suspension tonight.
– The Kings have been without Garrett Temple for the last 11 games after he partially tore his hamstrings. He has been pain-free for a while now and as long as there are no setbacks, he is set to return some time next week.
– Shabazz Muhammad has been on the rumor mill a few times but that hasn’t made him want to leave. Sources say that he still wants to resign with the Timberwolves in the offseason.
– While there are no sure favorites for where Brandon Jennings will land, many have pointed to the Wizards as being one of the strongest suitors.
– Bogdan Bogdanovic, who was drafted by the Suns and then traded to the Kings last year, will be brought over next season, according to Vlade Divac.
– Michael Beasley was seen heading home on crutches after leaving yesterday’s game with a knee injury. He is currently diagnosed with a sprained knee but is still scheduled for further tests.
– Markieff Morris has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for throwing a ball at an official and then in to the seats during Sunday’s game against the Jazz.