By: Kento Kato
Here are some injury updates and headlines from around the NBA.
– Zaza Pachulia is looking like he will miss his fourth straight game tomorrow with a right wrist contusion.
– Derrick Rose, who missed two games last week due to a back spasm, is questionable for tomorrow’s game against the Warriors with back soreness.
– Tyreke Evans who has not played in an NBA game in 11 months, has been upgraded to questionable for tomorrow’s matchup against the Pacers, while Tim Frazier has been downgraded to doubtful with a sprained right wrist.
– Jeremy Lin is a game-time decision with back stiffness.
– The Kings will be without DeMarcus Cousins for tonight’s game. He is out with what is being called a planned rest day.
– The above also applies to the Cavaliers’ big three of Kevin Love, LeBron James, and Kyrie Irving as they all stayed in Cleveland while the team went to Memphis to play the back end of a back-to-back.
– Luke Walton was fined $15,000 by the league for “verbally abusing a game official and not leaving the court in a timely manner after his ejection”
– Paul George has scored 30 or more points in his last two meetings against the Heat. Tonight, he will have the opportunity to join Stephen Curry, LeBron James and Kevin Durant as the only players to score 30 or more against the Heat in three straight games against the Heat in the last 10 years.
– LaMarcus Aldridge will miss tonight’s game against the Celtics as part of a planned rest day.
– The Jazz are one of the teams Russell Westbrook has never had a triple-double against and they will try to keep it that way tonight. Westbrook is on the back end of back-to-back but it is worthy to note that he already has triple-doubles on zero days rest this season, something only two others have done. (Tim Frazier, James Harden)